According to Pritchard, Bassano's studio was originally founded in 1850 although addresses listed are:
1862 - 1876 122 Regent Street, W.
1870 - 1881 72 Piccadilly W.
1878 - 1903 25 Old Bond Street W.
1889 182 Oxford Street W.
1891 - 1892 42 Pall Mall S.W.
1892 - 1896 18 Alpha Road N.W.
Bassano was a society photographer whose studio at 25 Old Bond Street was just behind the Royal Academy at Burlington House. It is not clear which of his studios was reputedly large enough to accomodate a background roll of 80 ft long which revolved in order a client could select an appropriate scene. Negatives once re-touched and approved were housed in a separate store in Kilburn.
Continuing into the twentieth century, Bassano's became Bassano and Vandyck Studio in 1964, Bassano & Vandyck Studio (incorporating Elliott & Fry) from 1965-1976 and Industrial Photographic from 1977.